El Sol También Se Levanta

I spent the months of June, July, August, September, and part of October touring and studying in Spain. My goal was to become fluent in Spanish, I was reasonable successful but need to keep up the practice. Regarding the title, before arriving I read much Hemingway and hoped to experience similar capricious escapades that he so fondly recounts in his novels. I think I was successful.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Tenemos photos


Había olvidado me cable USB para mi camara, pero hoy compré otro y debo poner photos en esta página.

I just tried to put on the first photo I came to for a test and it turns out that this is a picture of Cameron and Alistair in Scotland. In the background you can see the grand estate that I described earlier. Space was a little tight when the band showed up but overall it was a nice abode. Okay, let´s see if i can get some more photos on here...

Here´s a photo of Cameron and his wife Andrea and a lone bagpiper in the background. Coolest thing about the Scottish get up you ask? No, not the hairy purse, it´s the knife in his sock that he´d shiv me with in the ribs if I referred to his sporran as a hairy purse.

For some this was a night to remember. For me it was not, fortunately it is also a night that I can´t remember. Although, I was informed that one high point was when some locals I was hanging out with pointed out that their was a deer in the road. I apparently felt the need to inform them of their local fauna and told them it was a Red Deer, a fact I had learned hours before from another local. They replied no, it´s a "Roe Deer" to which I replied "why, because it´s in the middle of the road!?" They all laughed and then told me the next deer the saw in the grass was called a "Grass Deer" to which I responded with a contemplative response of understanding "Ohhhhh, alright, I think I´m getting this..."

Aha, one more sucessfully attached. This is me in London with Ed and a couple of his friends. Ed´s the guy in the tie. I´m the guy in the green shirt. We´re all smiling because we´re happy and really drunk. It´s about 2:00am here and I´m the only one who doesn´t have to work the next day. There are some good museums and other stuff in London, but nothing beats getting pissed with a few locals.







My god, the power of photography. This is saving me at least a 1000 words each one. Here we are in London again a couple days later. And guess what, we´re doing more drinking. From left to right Diana, Adam, Ace, and Gary. Good to see some peeps from Whitman again. These guys all went up to play some golf in Scotland after this.

I should note here that all my photos from before arriving in the UK are stored safely on Alistair´s laptop so, unfortunately I can´t show the good times had in New England. (An update here, unfortunately Alistair's laptop was stolen and thus, so were all my photos.)



Aquí is a photo of some of the people going to the Don Quijote school of language. We were all
going to a club that night. Here´s the deal with a typical day in Spain. Eat lunch at 3, eat tapas (appetizers that come free with an alcoholic beverage purchase) and drink from 9-12. Then go to a bar, or in this case the school dorm, and drink until 2, the clubs open at 2 but really don´t get going until 3 or 4, party until morning, go to school at 9, finish school and take a siesta. Everyday has been over 100 degrees. I went to Cordoba, a neighboring city, and it was 120; I saw a guy spontaneously combust.
Well, now that we have color in this blog and I don´t have to write so damn much this is a bit more fun to update. I´ll post more frequently now, hasta luego. Will

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger MR said...

William, I can't believe that you met Ace and Gary! I can only assume from everyone's rosy cheeks that a gay time was had by all.

Next time include some photos of las pechagonas de espana.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home