El Sol También Se Levanta

I spent the months of June, July, August, September, and part of October touring and studying in Spain. My goal was to become fluent in Spanish, I was reasonable successful but need to keep up the practice. Regarding the title, before arriving I read much Hemingway and hoped to experience similar capricious escapades that he so fondly recounts in his novels. I think I was successful.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Romans and Coffee


Per a recommendation from my dad I took a brief visit to the city of Italica just a few kilometers north of Sevilla. It´s amazing that almost anywhere you go in Europe, or every place I´ve been, there are Roman ruins, their empire was massive. For scale, they were nearly as big as Starbucks.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Rupe said...

Hey Will, good to hear you made it to Seville...I would like to slip in a recommendation for southern Portugal--they have great beaches, cheaper prices (at least when I was 8) and plentiful food sources. Also, if you're a real man you'll go across to Tangiers and take the night train to Marrakech--more food sources and frugal living. Anyway, thanks for all the great updates--despite my lack of correspondence I am enjoying hearing about your travels...take care.
-Adam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home